Sunday, December 11, 2011

Book-sellers around the world

I have just done a google search to see where my book: The Pathfinder: A.C. Anderson's Journeys in the West, is listed, and I have found quite a few listings.
In Canada the book is sold through Amazon.ca, and through the Chapters and Indigo bookstores at www.chapters.indigo.ca
In Victoria the book is listed on my favorite bookstore's site -- Munro Books, at www.munrobooks.com (you can get signed copies from them).

For American readers in the Seattle, Portland, and Spokane areas, it is listed on Barnes and Noble, at barnesandnoble.com -- and is also available at Powells Books, at www.powells.com -- a major Pacific Northwest bookstore.
That's very good coverage and means it will be readily available in the Pacific Northwest, an area that is thoroughly covered in the book.
There are other listings that appear to be American, that I am unfamiliar with -- these are www.flipkart.com and www.midpointtrade.com (a world-wide bookseller, it appears)

Many Anderson-Seton descendants still live in England, and so they might find the book on the British version of Amazon Books, at www.amazon.co.uk

For those many Alexander Caulfield Anderson descendants who lived in New Zealand and Australia (the majority near Feilding and North Palmerston, NZ),the book is readily available through these online booksellers:
www.fishpond.com.au and www.fishpond.co.nz; www.angusrobertson.com.au; www.booktopia.com.au; and www.mightyape.co.nz -- as well as www.midpointtrade.com
The New Zealanders who would be most interested in reading Alexander Caulfield Anderson's story are those who are descended from Anderson's eldest daughter, Eliza Charlotte Anderson, who married James R. Beattie at Victoria and moved to Feilding, New Zealand (and yes, that is the way Feilding is spelled).
By the way, if you are a descendant of Alexander Caulfield Anderson, you should never be shy about contacting me; we have an active group of researchers who would like to hear from you.
I did not do all the genealogical research by myself -- we shared information and we continue to share information.

In the Hong Kong market, the book is available through www.paddyfield.com -- probably a good market for those Asian or Japanese historians interested in the story of the wreck of the Honjunmaru on the Pacific northwest coast in the early 1840's.
That's a pretty amazing list of online sources for this book -- I am really happy to see it is so well promoted overseas and in the Pacific Northwest.
I am told that the new author spends hours in searching bookstores for her newly published book, and weeks in worrying about book reviews and book prizes, and authorly stuff like that.
I guess that's the stage I am in right now.
I am told the best thing to do is to get to work on the next book -- and that is what I am ready to do.

Oh, by the way, a reader has already informed me about an error in the book.
No book is ever perfect, and so I was prepared for this.
The error appears in the coloured map in the middle of the book which shows the 1848 Anderson's River brigade Trail, and the 1849 Coquihalla Brigade trail -- the trails have been reversed.
My editor overlooked it, and so did I.
Angie will find another error in the book; it was something I learned from her just as the book was running through the presses so she will know where to look...

No comments:

Post a Comment